Thursday 3 December 2020, 7.30pm
Joyce DiDonato & il pomo d’oro: My Favourite Things
- il pomo d’oro
- Francesco Conti
- Joyce DiDonato
- mezzo soprano
- L. Rossi
- Sinfonia from 'L’Orfeo'
- "Illustratevi, o cieli" from 'Il ritorno d’Ulisse in patria'
- "Intorno all’idol mio" from 'Orontea'
- Sinfonia from 'L’Incoronazione di Poppea'
- "Disprezzata regina" from 'L’Incoronazione di Poppea'
- Il ballo dei reali amanti
- Come again, sweet love
- Si dolce è il tormento
- "Morte col fiero aspetto" from 'Marc’Antonio e Cleopatra'
- "Piangerò" from 'Giulio Cesare'
- Act II Scene II minuette and melodia from 'Don Juan'
- "Che faro senza Euridice" from 'Orfeo e Euridice'
- "Danza degli spettri e delle furie" from 'Don Juan'
- "Scherza infida" from 'Ariodante'
- "Dopo notte" from 'Ariodante'
To be confirmed
Please note, this event has been on sale since early 2020 and has not been sold with socially distanced seating. The seating layout, programme and date of this event are subject to change dependent on government guidelines.
“There are some singers who really put on a show” wrote The Arts Desk – and the sunlit voice and exuberant personality of mezzo Joyce DiDonato have made her a true vocal superstar. Her “Favourite Things” are dazzling operatic arias from the 17th and 18th centuries, and with the dynamic period instrument ensemble il pomo d’oro (motto, “We have the guts!”), make no mistake: her Saffron Hall debut should bring the house down.
Generously supported by Adrian Frost, Nikki Edge and David & Jane Richardson